We found out yesterday that our baby is a boy! Very exciting. According to Dr. Ultrasound he has long leg bones and is a bit big for his age. Apparently he's been appreciating the Girl Scout cookies I bought him.
I've been a bad blogger. So I thought I'd take the time to answer some frequently asked pregnancy questions -- just in case you were wondering.
Are you pregnant?
Yes. Lately I think its incredibly witty to answer this question with a confused stare and a "Why? What do you mean?" The person asking the question is usually mortified and for some reason I think this is hysterical, pee-your-pants funny. Every time. I can't help it -- the baby makes me do it. I'm sorry if I did to you. But now you know. On the record. I'm knocked up.
Do you have cravings?
No. But Justin definitely does. And sometimes he get so excited thinking that today may be the very day that I crave something that he makes a preemptive stop at the store for pie -- on my behalf of course. Thank you honey.
Do have names? Are you keeping them a secret?
In keeping with the long-standing Johnson and Kearsley family traditions we will indeed name our baby. We have started thinking of some names. And if you know us, you know that we are not very good at keeping secrets.
I'm a fan of taking the names for a test drive. I like to blurt them out and see people's initial reactions and hear about crazy potential nicknames. Some of our top choices - for now, don't hold us to them - are Connor, Cort, Carson, Kieran, Sting and Patches. Thoughts? Did someone named Sting tease you on the playground? Let us know.
How are you feeling?
Justin wants you to know that this pregnancy has been incredibly easy. And for that we are glad. It's also been pretty easy for me -- no severe morning sickness or major issues. But sometimes in the morning smells can overwhelm to me. And I'm not going to lie - I did a fit of dry heaving in our neighbor's front lawn while holding a baggie of the pooch's poo. Not pretty.
Speaking of Tucker, is he excited to have a brother?
I'm sorry to report that the bigger my tummy gets, the more our furry friend, well, acts out. He is not pleased. And he is expressing himself by methodically destroying all of our socks and undergarments and occasionally throwing up on the rug to make sure we get the point. We're considering counseling.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh---its true, you are preggers! Its not a burrito. You look great in that picture, and I can't believe those knockers! :)ha ha. I think that you should name the little guy patches, actually that might destine(sp?)him to a life of walking into walls and falling off couches! :) Is my dear friend Patches still alive, by the way??? Anyway, I'm glad the pregnancy is going well, little boys are so much fun! I'm so glad that I have a boy. I think its alot easier to ease into mommyhood with a boy. Just an opinion. Anwyay, keep on bloggin! I'm glad you're back!
Taraka
Kelly you are the hottest prego lady I know!! You look amazing!! I love your little belly and can't wait to give it a rub!!
Love, Erin
P.S. Justin....Kevin is loving to pregnancy cravings too! His favorite is ice cream any flavor any time!
This is so hilarious - thank you for cracking me up.
Post a Comment