That song has taken on a whole new meaning in this seventh month of pregnancy. Photos to come soon, but just know that this baby is not starving.
That last month has been somewhat whirlwind, so I'll just lead with the highlights:
- We decided not to sell our house. Or more accurately, people decided not to buy our house and therefore we took it off the market. We are now focused on turning our office into a nursery. We know this will entail some new furniture, some organizing of stuff and perhaps a troupe of live-in clowns OR mimes. We'll get back to you.
- Our house was broken into. We are safe. Some stuff was stolen and I am sad to report they did not take Justin's banjo. Tucker was the only person (Wait! He's a dog!) home. And while he did end up locked upstairs by the hamburglars, he doesn't seem to be too traumatized. CSI Tacoma came to our house and checked for fingerprints (Refusing to put his years of watching crime TV to waste, Justin pointed out every place that he thought the guy could "lift a print."). I tried to be an investigatory journalist and called a few pawn shops to see if they had our stuff. They did not. They also did not want a banjo.
- The baby is a kicking machine. He may be headed for Major League Soccer or he may be the next star of Riverdance. Either way, he's practicing. A lot.
- The name quest continues. Connor remains a contender. Brennan is the new front runner. My co-worker today suggested Cale. Also from the leafy green category, we're thinking maybe Bok Choy Johnson or Chard (not Swiss, because we're Welsh and Irish).
-
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kelly Kearsley--I was blog stalking today on Terry's blog when, lo and behold, what did I find? That's right: your baby blog. And I love it; so clever and witty, describing pregnancy oh-so-accurately. I am so happy you're having a baby boy! We just had one of those just three months ago. I, too, had a easy pregnancy, super-easy delivery (even two weeks early) and now proudly have a not-so-easy but very darling baby boy. When is your due date? Are you still living in Seattle area? When are you going back to Spokane for a visit??? Anyway, I'd loooove to play catch up. Drop by my blog sometime or email: jessymadsen@hotmail.com Good luck with pregnancy! --Jessy (Spear)
well like jessy i to was blog stalking only it was on taraka's. its me, cookie moncrief or harr now. if you even remember me its been so long. you are so cute prego! we had a girl 8 months ago. her name is olivia. she seems to be the only girl being born these days. i would love to hear from you if you get a moment. my email is bebe_lenore@yahoo.com.
cookie,
You have proven to be as big as a melon - a watermelon I say not a cantaloupe. And fortunately not a golf ball. Go baby Go!
PS Have you considered broccoli?
Post a Comment